Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hang in there

It's been a long time since i've made a post or contacted nearly anyone who was with me daily through my illnesses.  As said in my last post, I went off the deep end once I was forced to get my tube.  I'm still not quite strong enough, mentally or physically to really discuss at length what exactly has happened the last five months but, i assure everyone, one day i will.

Today i wanted to talk about rights.  Primarily gay rights.  There is a lot I don't understand about their connection with religion.  I am not an extremely religious person however, I am anything but ignorant when it comes to most things I talk about.  I am a self condemned sinner which i display through the rosary permanently inked on my foot and ankle.  I am a permently condemed sinner (Those of you who know a lot about the Catholic religion will understand that connection).  The reason I am not religous is not because i don't believe in a here after or higher being or whatever, in that respect I am agnostic.  I don't understand the connection with gay bashing and religon is mostly because of the ignorant people who spout it.  When the Westboro baptist Church shares your opinion, I feel your opinion must be half baked.  I say this, not because I feel that overly religous people shouldn't be allowed to not agree with gay rights.  I say this because anyone with rational thought has better reasoning than these people.

Maybe it's because I know how horrifing the unknown can be or maybe it's because i'm not quite right in the head but, I don't feel the solution to achieving  gay rights equality is by arguing with the extremely religous,  I feel this does nothing more than help stur the pot for the evil and ignorant such as the afore mentioned church.  I believe in order to have equality, it is time to actually listen to the indifferent.  There are so many who don't give a fuck who you love.  In a world where most are constantly letting everyone know what they are doing every second of the day, it must feel strange to confront the fact that most people are indifferent to who you date/marry.  People are going to pervert the bible in order to hate.  It is going to happen.  In the common colliquial of my friend 'Haters gon' Hate' so, why bother with them?  It's irritating, I know.  My girlfriend and I fight it every day.  It makes you really want to say something but we can't go around punching everyone with a twisted lesbian threesome fantasy or pessimistic asshole who pays way to much attention to us holding hands or kissing.

I guess there really is no point to this post, just a way of throwing my thoughts out.  If there was a moral lesson it'd be:     Spark the debate with the indifferent, the majority.  Not the decided who have suddenly gone deaf to reason or opinion.  Maybe then growth will occur.

1 comment:

  1. I deleted my account on pt, so I'm just writing this to say hello. Take care lovely xx

    ReplyDelete